I know, that’s a mouthful… but my mouth has been full of these cookies all week so trust me, they’re worth it. These little guys are the perfect balance of sweet and salty, with a nice granola crunch. They’re also pretty thin and small, so you don’t have to feel bad about eating 3-4… at least that’s what I’m telling myself.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate granola (I use Whirlybird)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate almond sea salt bar, finely chopped (I use Endangered Chocolate)
- Pinch of salt
What to do:
- Make a flax egg by combining the 1 tablespoon flax seed with 3 tablespoons water. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, oats and granola in a small bowl. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or standing mixer, combine the sugars, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Slowly add in flax egg.
- Slowly empty the small bowl of dry ingredients into the mixer, stirring to combine. Fold in chocolate.
- Place dough in the fridge for 45 minutes to firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form dough into small balls, with a spoon or scoop, placing on parchment paper baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove to cooling rack after 1-2 minutes cooling on baking sheet.
These are great crumbled over nice cream, with milk, or on their own!